Who Should Enter
This competition is open to any interior designer, architect, or other designer professional based in the United States and Canada, age 35 and under.
The product must be conceptual, never produced, displayed or currently in any phase of research or development.
To enter, prepare and submit:
- The Designers contact information including name, address, phone number and email
- A Product Concept (a maximum of 50 words) and Narrative Statement (a maximum of 250 words) that defines your product, attests to its art and craft, outlines its purpose, explains material choices and refers to its ease of production and market value.
- 4-6 image/views (Orthogonal, Axonometric, Isometric and or ¾ views) of your product in any of these formats: JPEG, PNG, JPG or GIF with a 300dpi and should not exceed 10MB. These images can be drawings, renderings, or derived from standard programs like Rhino, Autocad, SketchUp or Form-Z, but must be submitted in one of the required formats. No Zip, Stuffit or compressed files will be accepted.
- Payment processed through iida.org
- Optional: We will also accept video (no more than 80 seconds) that addresses process and any of the previously mentioned elements. The video is optional and addendum to your submission. We can accept video files in these file types: *.flv;*.mp4;*.swf;*.mov;*.wmv. We also can work with YouTube videos. The maximum upload size is 300MB.
All submissions must be sent in electronic format. No hard copy submissions are accepted.
The following categories are within the Hospitality, Residential and Retail practice areas:
- Chairs, Stools, Benches
- Beds (excluding Retail)
- Storage Units/Systems
Winners are chosen by an international panel of design professionals. The jury reserves the right to not select a winner from the entries submitted.
Click here to review.
For questions or more information, contact Kierstin Snapp, Design Competitions Manager, at IIDA Headquarters.