The Library Interior Design Awards are currently closed. Guidelines for the 2012 Competition are listed below.
Who Should Enter
Any library Interior Design project completed between October 1, 2009 and October 1, 2011 is eligible for this competition. The project must be submitted by a legally practicing interior design professional.
Prepare and submit:
- The completed Call for Entry form
- A CD-ROM containing
- One-page project statement
- Powerpoint file with a maximum of 3 jpeg images of the floor plan and between 5-7 jpeg images of the design project
- Payment via check or credit card
- Public Libraries - 30,000 sq. ft. and under
- Public Libraries - Over 30,000 sq. ft.
- Academic Libraries - 30,000 sq. ft. and under
- Academic Libraries - Over 30,000 sq. ft.
- Special Libraries - 30,000 sq. ft. and under
- Special Libraries - Over 30,000 sq. ft.
- Outstanding Historic Renovation Project
- Single Space - a small project that focuses on a specific room or area in a library
- On the Boards - a project currently in the design phase and not under construction
The winning design projects are selected by a jury of design professionals. Entries are judged on the basis of excellence in aesthetics, design, creativity, function, and satisfaction of the client's objectives.
For questions, or more information, contact Erin Cook, Manager of Industry Relations and Special Events at IIDA Headquarters.