Who Should Enter
Any library Interior Design project completed between October 1, 2010 and October 1, 2012 is eligible for this competition. The project must be submitted by a legally practicing interior design professional.
Prepare and submit:
- Your design firm's contact information including name, address, phone number and e-mail
- Your design project's information including name and location
- A statement describing your project
- 7-10 images of your project including a maximum of 3 floor plans
- Payment processed through iida.org
All submissions must be sent in electronic format. No hard copy submissions are accepted.
- Public Libraries - 30,000 sq. ft. and under
- Public Libraries - Over 30,000 sq. ft.
- Academic Libraries - 30,000 sq. ft. and under
- Academic Libraries - Over 30,000 sq. ft.
- Special Libraries - 30,000 sq. ft. and under
- Special Libraries - Over 30,000 sq. ft.
- Outstanding Historic Renovation Project
- Single Space - a small project that focuses on a specific room or area in a library
- On the Boards - a project currently in the design phase and not under construction
The winning design projects are selected by a jury of design professionals. Entries are judged on the basis of excellence in aesthetics, design, creativity, function, and satisfaction of the client's objectives.
For questions, or more information, contact Kierstin Snapp, Design Competitions Manager, at IIDA Headquarters.