IIDA offers Members excellent networking opportunities and tangible benefits for education, inspiration, and professional development.
Membership in IIDA provides access to resources that can help you get ahead in your career. Benefits include subscriptions to leading magazines, tuition reimbursement opportunities, the chance to reach colleagues around the world, as well as reduced fees for exciting chapter initiatives and International events like the Leaders Breakfast series.
Professional and Associate members in the United States receive complimentary magazines and publications that cover technical and theoretical topics in design, as well as community news and events.
- Perspective, the award-winning and thought-provoking IIDA journal
- Contract, a leading monthly magazine for the design industry.
- Interiors & Sources, a leading monthly building industry and interiors publication
- DesignMatters, a bimonthly electronic newsletter keeping you in the know about IIDA and industry happenings around the globe
- Spectrum, a weekly e-newsletter of relevant design business news aggregated from around the web and delivered straight to your inbox
- What Clients Want, Volumes I & II, the first two volumes in a series of books published by IIDA, WCW is a collection of conversations between designers and their clients about how significant projects were conceived, how they have defined culture, demonstrated value, and shifted business models. Available upon request; $10 for shipping and handling
Tuition reimbursement, access to in-depth knowledge and research, and links to industry leaders and events help you get ahead in the business aspect of design. Member benefits include:
- Eligibility for a twice annual drawing for NCIDQ tuition reimbursement--this is a complete reimbursement for Associate Members who successfully complete the NCIDQ exam
- Sustainable Education Fund, offering a twice annual drawing for reimbursement of LEED exam fees for those who have successfully passed the accreditation exam
- Chapter and regional professional development
- Local and international IDCEC-approved CEU programs
- Webinars, take-home CEUs and quick links to educational tools
- Advocacy for interior design code and licensing initiatives
- Proactive leadership in gaining governmental recognition for the profession
- Use of the IIDA professional designation
- Personalized member logo
- Access to the IIDA Career Center
- Networking opportunities through local chapter and international programs
- Access to the online IIDA Membership Directory
Members receive first notice of special events and registration discounts.
- Invitations to chapter and regional meetings, special events, and activities
- Invitation to the IIDA Annual Meeting, where IIDA inducts the new International Board of Directors, celebrates the Titan and Star Award recipients, recognizes chapters for excellence in innovation and member service, and welcomes new members of the College of Fellows
- Invitation to the IIDA COOL Gala, where IIDA celebrates the annual winners of the Interior Design Competition and the Will Ching Design Competition
Discounts and Incentives for Members Only
You have access to a wide range of discounts and special pricing for products and services to support your business, from discounts on books to savings on airline travel. Check back regularly for new additions.
- Signature Federal Credit Union – Great rates for IIDA members on credit cards, checking and savings accounts, mortgages, and auto loans – read more
- The Working Advantage – Movie, theme park, and entertainment discounts
- LifeLock – Special IIDA Member rate for identity theft protection
- VPI Pet Insurance – 5 percent discount on pet health coverage
- Wyndham – Up to 20 percent off the “Best Available Rate” at over 7,500 participating locations worldwide
- Avis and Budget rental car services – 25 percent off your next car rental
- Office Depot – Up to 80 percent savings on over 93,000 products
- VSP vision insurance – Over $200 savings along with a pair of basic glasses under the VSP Standard plans and more than $300 savings under a Premium Plan
- Complimentary membership in the Pier 1 Designer Perks Program for Professional and Associate members
- Special member pricing for IIDA-sponsored competitions (including Interior Design Competition, Hospitality Design Competition, Will Ching Design Competition, IIDA Global Excellence Awards, etc.)
- Discounted advertising rates in IIDA publications and on the IIDA website