IIDA Student Membership provides students enrolled in an interior design program the resources they need for educational and professional development, that are not available on campus. These benefits are exclusive to IIDA Student Members and give aspiring designers unique opportunities to build professional connections that extend well after graduation. Your application must include one of the following:
- Copy of current class schedule*
- Photocopy of current school ID
- Copy of transcript
- Professor’s printed name and signature with confirmation of enrollment
*This must be generated by your school and include your name. Applications received without proof of enrollment cannot be processed.
Apply online now!
All IIDA memberships run on the calendar year, January through December.
2017 Calendar Year Student Dues: $60
Renewing Recent Grads
We offer a special rate exclusively to graduating IIDA Student Members to upgrade to an Associate Membership. Apply here for this money-saving member benefit.
Your IIDA Student Membership provides opportunities to network and connect with other design students and successful professionals in the Interior Design community. IIDA Students Members have access to:
- Student Appellation, exclusive eligibility to use the Student IIDA acronym after your name demonstrates your credibility and maximizes your professional exposure.
- Student Mentoring Program, our most popular annual event which pairs Student Members and industry professionals for one day of job shadowing and networking.
- Campus Centers, a design-oriented group on your campus which provides opportunities to interact with other IIDA Student Members, organize events, take a leadership role, and work closely with local Chapter leaders.
- Career Center, a valuable resource that connects job seekers directly with current Interior Design opportunities.
- QUAD, the IIDA Student exclusive e-newsletter that shares the latest competitions, national events, and Campus Center news.
- Perspective, online access to our award winning, thought-leadership journal published twice a year by IIDA.
- Event Calendar, a list of Chapter, industry, local and national events, as well as available volunteer opportunities to keep you actively engaged in the profession.
Distinguish yourself as a promising new designer and elevate your resume by entering IIDA competitions, which include:
- Design Competitions, opportunities for IIDA Student Members to win visibility, cash, and design experience to boost their resume and reputation in the industry including the student exclusive Student Design Competition and Student Design Charette.
- Wilsonart Essay Competition, supported by the Wilsonart Education Fund, this annual essay competition awards the winning student a $1,000 cash prize.
- Annual IIDA Student of the Year Award, one of the most prestigious IIDA awards—with a $5,000 cash prize—which recognizes a student whose insight, involvement, and leadership have significantly impacted their school’s Interior Design program.
- Campus Center Awards, Campus Centers get recognized for their outstanding achievements in maintaining excellence in school work to enhance the Interior Design profession at the student and local level.
Questions about IIDA Student Membership?
Please email email@example.com for more information on IIDA Student Membership, programs, and opportunities.